Friday, January 16, 2009

I can't figure this one out...

I dreamt that I went to the mall with my sister and we got into a fight. She left the mall without me and left me there. I went outside and sat down on a bench. Then somehow, I was homeless. I couldn't go home and I had no one to call. I fell asleep on the overpass by the mall next to the bench I was sitting on and another homeless man came up to me. He looked about old, maybe 80 years old, and he was decrepit. He was holding a stone shaped like a sheet of paper and I asked him if I could borrow it. He said yes, but he was very concerned about getting the stone back. He wanted to make sure I didn't run off with it. I took the stone and started carving words. I wrote one sentence but I can't remember what it said. After that one sentence, the only word I could write was "cat." I wrote "cat" about 8 times on the paper, and then gave up. Then, I passed out again. My mom came and woke me and I showed her the stone and the carvings of the word "cat," but she didn't seem to care. The next thing I knew, I was laying in my bed with the stone, my mom standing over my bed on the right side of me, and the homeless man standing over my bed to the left of me. He was holding a hat in his hand and looked very concerned. When I woke up, I handed him back the stone and without saying a word, I could tell he was thankful. I smiled at him and he hesitated, but then smiled back.
And then I woke up.

No comments: