Monday, January 19, 2009

Do you ever do something SO stupid

that you actually wonder how you're going to fall asleep at night? I don't know about anyone else, but I don't have time for anything during the day. Ever. I don't have time to think about anything freely. During school I'm always thinking about math, english, physics, history, and french. Then, I go home and think about those things some more. And then a little bit more.

Anyway, my point is, the only time I ever have to think is late at night. And this is why I never sleep. Have you ever tried to fall asleep with a lot on your mind? It doesn't happen. My mind is telling me to just clear and think about nothing but as I fall asleep, more and more things come into my mind. I have to listen to music to fall asleep most of the time because it's the only thing to distract me. I used to think I had sleeping problems because I could never fall asleep. I soon realized it was just because I think too much.

Sometimes there are times when it has nothing to do with thinking on my own free will. It's when my emotions are so overwhelming that I CAN'T sleep no matter how hard I try.

Do you know what I'm talking about?

It's that time you made someone feel bad and you want to apologize right that second, but it's not gonna happen.
It's that person that made you feel bad and you're just so upset about it.
It's that fight you had right before you went to bed and you're SO angry thinking up what you're going to say to that person the next day.
It's how upset you are about your favorite broadway show closing.
It's how nervous you are for your history test the next day and you know you should have studied a little bit more but you were just having too good a conversation with someone on Facebook IM.
It's that person you like so much and you wish you could just tell them without the negative consequences.
Especially though, it's that time you KNOW you did something wrong or stupid and you spend half the night wishing you could take it back, or thinking of what you could have done differently.

Sometimes, your mind clears for a few minutes and you get those couple minutes of relief. And you feel yourself finally drifting off to sleep. And all of a sudden a song on your iPod comes on that happens to be ten times louder than any of the other songs. And you're jolted awake for that four minute song. And it all begins again.

2 comments:

Matt C. said...

spend less time in your room. make your room/bed a place ONLY for sleep. this way when you go there your mind will automatically prepare for sleep. so dont do homework or anything in there. it works

Anonymous said...

hi. i agree. totally. because this happened last night. and the night before that. and its all because of that stupid someone with that stupid thing. totally relate.