Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sleep Deprivation Dream?

I was in my bed, dying of sleep deprivation. They told me that as soon as I fell asleep, I was going to die. I had to keep myself awake. Looking around my room, even with the lights off I could see the gathering of people watching me drift into my death. With my eyelids heavy and my eyes in pain, I jumped out of bed and tried to move my body out of my room and into the bathroom. I couldn't open my eyes enough to even see where I was going. I finally made it to the bathroom, but my body was slowly becomming paralyzed as I collapsed onto the floor. I tried to use the toilet to pick myself back up but I couldn't move a muscle. As I was grabbing onto the toilet, I almost dropped my sister's phone into it. I moved my upper body to stop it. Then, I realize I had to say goodbye to someone. "Ricky! Ricky!" I started yelling. "I need to say goodbye to Ricky!"
I searched the bathroom with my eyes for my cell phone. It was nowhere. I leaned over the toilet and there it was: at the bottom of my toilet was my cell phone.
"This can't be happening," I thought.
At that point, the toilet started spinning. I don't mean it was flushing. The actual toilet was spinning in circles. Then, the entire room spun in circles. I felt myself floating upwards, out of my body, now watching myself in the bathroom, rather than seeing the dream from my own point of view. I watched myself and the bathroom and the house spin.
Dizzy, I slowly woke up, confused. My eyes still felt glued shut. My body still seemed motionless. And I was scared out of my mind.


I think if I keep continuing to tell people my dreams, I'll lose all of my friends because people will think I'm a crazy person.

14 comments:

Matt C. said...

because your dream had real physiological effects (eyes glued shut, motionless) this leads me to believe it is a different type of dream; not the typical dreams that occur during REM. did you take any medications in the preceding hours to this dream?

Ali said...

Nope, i definitely didn't take any meds in the preceding hours to this dream

Matt C. said...

okay...were you sleep walking? like while you were dreaming were you actually walking around the house?

Ali said...

i have NO idea...i considered that possibility but i dont know how that would have worked out. i woke up back in my bed

Matt C. said...

that would make more sense. cuz your body is active when sleep walking, obviously, so it would not be abnormal for your muscles to be tensed when you woke up

Ali said...

but i feel like it was realllly short, like i fell asleep at say 12:30 and woke up at 1:00 or something...kind of like i never fell asleep

Matt C. said...

then it sounds like a hallucination. but you claim to not have ingested any drugs. either your lying, or you discovered a new type of dream. also, the fact that you were yelling ricky's name means that you want to 'figure him out' i think....it makes sense

Ali said...

hahahahah yea my dream meant i want to figure ricky out. i actually really dont know why i was dreaming about him...

btw,
http://www.mydreamvisions.com/dream-types/toxic-dream.php
that might make sense..

oh, and IM NOT ON DRUGS!

Matt C. said...

yeah so did you eat a lot that day?

Ali said...

no, i think it was a combination of the last three things on that list

Matt C. said...

oh okay. thats really interesting. you should continue to deprive your self of sleep to see what crazy dreams your mind can produce

Ali said...

i dont think i need to deprive myself of sleep to have outrageous dreams...i have them anyway hahah

Matt C. said...

okay so keep posting them

Ali said...

hahaha okay i will